Since beginning this journey to Real Food, I’ve been reading lots of blogs on the subject and the various definitions, research, creative ideas, etc that go along with this lifestyle/foodstyle. My favorite blogs (so far) are Lisa’s 100 Days of Real Food , Kristen Michaelis’ Food Renegade, Christina Le Beau’s Spoonfed: Raising Kids to Think About the Food They Eat, and Eating Real by Andrew Wilder. As a challenge to my family and friends, why don’t you consider taking a leap and joining the food revolution by picking one of the following challenges for this October:
- If you want to take a big leap, commit to eating no processed foods for a month at Andrew Wilder’s October Unprocessed 2011
- If you aren’t up for a whole month of unprocessed foods, consider taking Lisa’s 10 Day Pledge
- If either of those looks intimidating, try incorporating smaller changes by following a few of Lisa’s Minipledges for four weeks.
- Or just concentrate on one meal a day by making a commitment to Real Food Dinners and subscribing to The Fresh 20
- If you don’t think you can make a commitment to actual change, why not just make a commitment to read one of Micheal Pollan’s books, either: The Omnivores Dilemma , Food Rules, or In Defense of Food?
- If that’s too much reading, follow one (or more) of the blogs I posted above for the month of October.
If you decide to take the leap for any of them this October, let me know by making a comment to this post – I’d be happy to share tips and recipes beyond what you can find on the blog, though I’ll be offering them here as well. C’mon, you know you wanna be a rebel!